Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Greetings from Bagram Air Field Afghanistan....

Arrived yesterday evening just as dusk was setting in - the place is pretty big and the mountains that surround it are impressive...kinda looks like they could have shot a Coors commercial here.....Just got to check in, get some chow and find my new home away from home.....Place is congested, and that's saying quite a bit as I thought KAF and other places over here were so but Bagram takes it hands down...packed in real tight

Qtrs are very basic - B-huts which are plywood - Everything is within walking distance (showers, chowhall, MWR ctr.) - I'll get a chance to tour around the base later on as the day get going......it is early here (330 AM) and I couldn't sleep (still on east coast time) so I headed down to the MWR

Hope all is well stateside......more later on - glad to see the Boston Red Sox have won three in a row....there may be hope for these guys yet.....

1 comment:

Ron Snyder said...

I would never have thought to compare AF to Golden, CO.