Monday, June 6, 2011

A Wounded Bear....

A Wounded Bear is a very, very dangerous animal....The Vancouver Canucks found that out tonight in Boston.... THE BOSTON BRUINS will work back to VICTORY one game at a time....Vancouver will learn that tangling with a Wounded Bear is not something any sane person would consider.

Sweet revenge: B's clobber Canucks 8-1
By: Mike Petraglia - WEEI.COM

The Bruins responded to a late, devastating late hit on Nathan Horton with a four-goal second-period explosion and manhandled the Canucks, 8-1, Monday night in Game 3 of the Stanley Cup finals. Game 4 is set for Wednesday night in Boston before the series returns to Vancouver for Game 5. Tim Thomas stopped 40-of-41 shots in another brillant playoff performance.

Just over five minutes into the game, Horton skated into the offensive zone on his second shift of the night and was leveled by a late hit from the blindside by Canucks defenseman Aaron Rome. The Bruins top-line forward was laid out on the ice for several minutes and examined by Bruins medical staff before a stretcher came on the ice to take him off. Horton was taken to Mass General and had movement in all extremities but is expected to stay there for further evaluation. Rome was given a game misconduct.

The two teams played a scoreless tie in the first, with the Bruins managing just six shots. But just 11 seconds into the second period, Andrew Ference fired a shot on Roberto Luongo from the left point and it found its way through a screen and past Luongo, who would give up all eight goals on the night. Four minutes later, Mark Recchi received credit for a goal that went off the stick of Ryan Kesler for Boston's second power play goal of the series and Recchi's fourth of the playoffs.

With Luongo shaken and the Canucks playing wrecklessly with the puck on the power play, Brad Marchand broke in alone and scored shorthanded as the Vancouver goalie dove forward and left the net open. David Krejci then added his NHL-leading 11th of the playoffs with 4:13 left in the period to cap the second period domination.

After the Horton injury, the Bruins won the physical battle, outhitting the Canucks, 40-31. Shawn Thornton, who drew the penalty that led to Recchi's power play goal, was inserted into the lineup to replace Tyler Seguin and provide a physical presence. He was tossed from the game with 12:02 left in the third on a misconduct. Later, Andrew Ference, Dennis Seidenberg and Milan Lucic were thrown out as were Alex Burrows, Daniel Sedin and Ryan Kesler.

The Bruins lost their shutout when Jannik Hansen scored on the doorstep with 6:07 left.

No comments: