Tuesday, December 7, 2010

White House Press Conference this afternoon - And as usual, the President hasn't got a Clue


Today, the President gave a press conference after announcing that he has agreed to a deal with the lame-duck Congress to preserve tax-cuts that will ensure that people do not lose a significant portion of their present compensation to feed the Federal Budget.

What concerns me is the words that the President used to describe the struggle he has engaged in politically....remember, this is the President who brought in the " Karl Rove" of Liberals, Rahm "dead fish" Emmanuel (called that because his staff awarded him a dead Asian Carp as a going away present....)

Here is the text of the question and answer from today's news conference that occurred this afternoon....listen to POTUS' response....I'll comment at the bottom....

Q. Mr. President, what do you say to Democrats who say you’re rewarding Republican obstruction here? You yourself used in your opening statement they were unwilling to budge on this. A lot of progressive Democrats are saying they’re unwilling to budge, and you’re asking them to get off the fence and budge. Why should they be rewarding Republican obstruction?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, let me use a couple of analogies. I’ve said before that I felt that the middle-class tax cuts were being held hostage to the high-end tax cuts. I think it’s tempting not to negotiate with hostage-takers, unless the hostage gets harmed. Then people will question the wisdom of that strategy. In this case, the hostage was the American people and I was not willing to see them get harmed.

Again, this not an abstract political fight. This is not isolated here in Washington. There are people right now who, when their unemployment insurance runs out, will not be able to pay the bills. There are folks right now who are just barely making it on the paycheck that they’ve got, and when that paycheck gets smaller on January 1st, they’re going to have to scramble to figure out, how am I going to pay all my bills? How am I going to keep on making the payments for my child’s college tuition? What am I going to do exactly?

Now, I could have enjoyed the battle with Republicans over the next month or two, because as I said, the American people are on our side. This is not a situation in which I have failed to persuade the American people of the rightness of our position. I know the polls. The polls are on our side on this. We weren’t operating from a position of political weakness with respect to public opinion. The problem is that Republicans feel that this is the single most important thing that they have to fight for as a party. And in light of that, it was going to be a protracted battle and they would have a stronger position next year than they do currently.

So I guess another way of thinking about it is that if -- certainly if we had made a determination that the deal was a permanent tax break for high-income individuals in exchange for these short-term things that people need right now, that would have been unacceptable. And the reason is, is because you would be looking at $700 billion that would be added to the deficit with very little on the short term that would help to offset that.

The deal that we’ve struck here makes the high-end tax cuts temporary, and that gives us the time to have this political battle without having the same casualties for the American people that are my number one concern.

--------------------------------------

This is what disturbs me -

" I think it’s tempting not to negotiate with hostage-takers, unless the hostage gets harmed. Then people will question the wisdom of that strategy. In this case, the hostage was the American people and I was not willing to see them get harmed."

ARE YOU SERIOUS ? AS IF POTUS can stand there and pitch stones from a glass house - HE has been the one who decided to place us as HOSTAGES to a Healthcare plan that Nobody except his liberal buddies & Pelosi wants....The American people are " Hostages"??? YES to you and your Liberal Elite supporters who will be the ruin of this country - gimmie a break

" Now, I could have enjoyed the battle with Republicans over the next month or two, because as I said, the American people are on our side. " NO - The American people are NOT on your side....that's why you got your arse handed to you in the mid-term elections....Clueless....utterly clueless

" This is not a situation in which I have failed to persuade the American people of the rightness of our position. I know the polls. The polls are on our side on this." - CLUELESS times TEN....the polls show POTUS as more unpopular the GW Bush was when he was at his lowest point.....POLLS are against POTUS....unbelievable...

I think that whack in the mouth the President took on the Basketball court did more damage to his brain than the doctors thought....or maybe he is just the clueless empty suit he has been for the past two years, taking our country down a rabbit's hole with no frickin' idea how badly this will hurt the nation.....clueless and delusional.

1 comment:

Purpplebae said...

Should you ever require the services of a hacker or private investigator to catch a cheating spouse or other hacking related issues, I implore you to try your very best to hire this cyber professional 'hackingloop6@gmail .com'. he will increase your chances of getting your job completed. I was able to hire the services of this elite, asides the fact that I was provided a permanent solution to the service he rendered me but he gave a very efficient customer experience. He carried me along with every process and didn't leave me in the dark. contact;'hackingloop6@gmail . c o m' Call or text him also on WhatsApp +1(484)540 - 0785,tell him i referred you.