Friday, August 13, 2010

Middleboro Jones decides not to become a permanent addition to this archaeological find....




(Katanga meets Middleboro Jones, who is dirty and injured from his travels around Afghanistan)

Katanga: Mr. Jones! I've heard a lot about you, sir. Your appearance is exactly the way I imagined

After traveling around Afghanistan, I know how my counterpart, Indiana feels.....

The way things fall in place are both amazing and a never-ending mystery.....

I wound up in Afghanistan due to the down economy and a lay off......I was lucky to find a good company that has provided a great place to work, great people and very positive leadership. I couldn't be happier except for the aspect of wakiing up 7500 miles away from my home.....that part was NOT something I could ever be happy with.....

So Middleboro Jones has managed to work his way out of trouble again....not real trouble mind you, the trouble of waking up 7500 miles away from home......

I will be "escaping" Kandahar, Helmand Province and the whole Afghanistan AOR by the end of the month.....

I have accepted a job back in Boston for a very good company and I couldn't be happier....I will miss my coworkers and the company BUT I will not miss waking up in Afghanistan....Thank You very much.....

I have given a proper 2 week notice and will be making the arrangements I need to head home....The way this all happened was quite interesting as if I wasn't delayed from returning by weather, i wouldn't have been able to meet with one of the key people......Guess it was meant to be.....

As for plans, my plan is to head home and to be the best HR person I can for the new company.....as for the rest....It's just like the scene where the Nazis are trying to take the Ark away from Tannis.....

Sallah: Indy, you have no time. If you still want the ark, it is being loaded onto a truck for Cairo.

Indiana: Truck? What truck?

(As they watch the Nazis loading the Ark of the Covenant onto a large truck)

Indiana: Meet me at Omar's. Be ready for me. I'm going after that truck.

Sallah: How?

Indiana: I don't know, I'm making this up as I go

No comments: