Tuesday, August 24, 2010

" The Waiting is the hardest part..."


Tom Petty told us:

" The waiting is the hardest part

Every day you get one more yard

You take it on faith, you take it to the heart

The waiting is the hardest part..."


Tom was a bright young lad when he penned these words, and he was spot-on.

I'm here in KAF, counting down the last 48 hours I have in country before I depart Afghanistan for the one place I really want to be - HOME.


In reality, 48 hours is a short time but while you are waiting in place here, it can seem like a much longer time than it is.

The interesting part is looking at the News from back home, especially when the 7 day Weather forecast includes days where you will be there to experience that day's weather.

I'll bide the remaining time and do what I can until that moment when I can get on the bus, and take that last ride out to the flightline......GOING HOME.....more sweeter words are not known to this tired desert warrior......I am ready-to-go.


“Home is a name, a word, it is a strong one; stronger than magician ever spoke, or spirit ever answered to, in the strongest conjuration.” - Charles Dickens

No comments: