Monday, January 10, 2011

" My son, we're pilgrims in an unholy land..."


Yes, I have traveled to tougher places ( Fallujah, Mumidiya and Baghdad Iraq; Herat, Qalat, Kandahar and Helmand Province, Afghanistan) but for this die hard New England Patriots fan, this trip represents going in to the " Heart of Darkness "...

I will be traveling to NYC for the next three and a half days on business. Normally, this would be an acceptable trip as it is where my company has the home office but this week is different.

The NY Jets, a.k.a. " The Guys We Beat like Rented Mules" in early December 45-3, along with their loud-mouth, foot fetish loving coach, will be coming back to Foxboro on Sunday to play the New England Patriots in Foxboro. It will be a great opportunity to teach them additional lessons in what Tom Brady and company can do....of course, there is always risk....No guts, no glory.

This will be " the game" to beat all games for this NFL Season....and for the majority of the week before the game, I get to reside in the opposition's city....pissa.

I will wear my New England Patriots Necktie for business meetings and wear my Red Sox lanyard which holds my company ID Badge.

Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil...
I'm ready for the NY Jets fans as I have plenty of smack talk waiting for them....just like last time as I was in NYC the week before the last game.

I'll send along updates as I can.
Reminds me of another scene......

[Indiana Jones and Professor Jones Sr. are trapped between a room on fire and a room full of Nazis]

Professor Henry Jones: "Our situation has not improved."

Somehow, I think I know how he feels....and not unlike the Dr. Jones Sr. & Jr., I know we will win the day and defeat our foes....

No comments: